WHY GO GLOBAL?
World Trade Center Utah leads Utah’s international business development and elevates Utah’s global status to promote prosperity and build economic resilience.
WTC Utah is part of an international ecosystem of global connections and integrated trade and investment services. We believe that doing business around the world should be as easy as doing business across the street.
WTC Utah Team
- Prior national security official at The White House
- U.S. diplomat in Saudi Arabia, Armenia, and Dubai; experience in ~80 countries
- Term Member Council on Foreign Relations, M.A. from Johns Hopkins University
Miles Hansen is the president and CEO of World Trade Center Utah, an organization dedicated to promoting prosperity across the state by attracting investment and increasing exports. Hansen was most recently the Director for Gulf Affairs at the National Security Council in the White House. Prior to that, he served as a staff aide to the State Department’s Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs. As a diplomat, Hansen was the energy and economic officer at U.S. Consulate General Dhahran in Saudi Arabia’s oil-rich Eastern Province where he served as a liaison with Saudi Aramco and advised U.S. government and private sector leaders on the Saudi energy industry and economic reform agenda. He also served tours focused on Iran at U.S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia and the Iran Regional Presence Office at U.S. Consulate General Dubai. Before joining the State Department as a Thomas R. Pickering Fellow, Hansen started his career in Utah as a Special Assistant in the Office of the Lieutenant Governor. Hansen is a graduate of the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Brigham Young University. A speaker of Russian, Farsi and Arabic, Hansen has firsthand experience in more than 70 countries and is a term member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Prior Managing Director in Operations at Goldman Sachs
- Principal at Booz, Allen & Hamilton
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business (MBA)
- Prior Area Director of Business Operations in Asia at FranklinCovey
- Legislative Aid for U.S. Congressman Rob Bishop focused on fiscal policies
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business (MBA)
- Prior Senior Account Executive at MRM McCann
- Published in the Deseret News, Utah Business Magazine, Utah Pulse, Utah Policy, the Enterprise, and WTCA Meridian
- Alumni mentor for Westminster College’s fine arts program
- Experienced in Export Promotion, International Strategies, Program Development and Nonprofit Fundraising
- Prior research assistant for the Shingo Institute for Operational Excellence
- Jon M Huntsman School of Business (BS)
- Prior Managing Director of Angelo, Gordon Advisors and Director of Angelo, Gordon & Co., Private Client Group, NY
- Vice President, Goldman Sachs & Co., Private Wealth Management, NY
- University of Columbia Business School (MBA)
- Prior Budget and Policy Analyst under Governor Huntsman and Governor Herbert.
- In 2019, competed in the STEP Grant process and WTC Utah was awarded the largest increase nationwide.
- Market Research Intern at Vogue House London
- The University of Utah Master of International Affairs and Global Enterprise
- Royal Holloway, University of London School of Business and Management