Vice President of Marketing & Partnerships
Applications Due: July 7, 2021
Join us in our journey to change the world one international business at a time. Are you an experienced leader that can develop and execute an effective marketing and partnership strategy? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment and are willing to pitch in to accomplish big objectives with a lean and highly-motivated team? If so, we are looking for talent like you to take a leadership role at World Trade Center Utah!
Who We Are
World Trade Center Utah’s (WTC Utah) mission is to accelerate global growth for Utah companies through our networks, programs, and services. We work with partners around the world and companies in every industry across the state that benefit from our unique ability to create connections to investors, buyers, and members. Recognizing WTC Utah’s potential to have a transformational impact on companies across the state, we focus on growing companies in underserved segments of Utah’s economy, including businesses in rural and multicultural communities as well as women- and veteran-owned businesses.
What Your Contributions Look Like
As World Trade Center Utah’s Vice President of Marketing & Partnerships, you will lead the development and execution of an ongoing marketing strategy, event schedule, and partnership engagement plan. In order to do this, you will work to:
- Position the organization as the leader in international business in Utah while branding Utah as the “crossroads of the world” in international media outlets
- Grow brand awareness statewide
- Increase traffic from international audiences to raise awareness of Utah’s competitive strengths as a market
- Communicate our competitive advantages in a compelling way
- Create and share quality content on global and international business topics to Utah business networks and the general public
- Strengthen and grow WTC Utah’s social media presence via digital marketing, SEO, and affiliate marketing partnerships
- Strengthen WTC Utah’s in-state network of public and private partners and WTC Utah members
- Connect with and facilitate service, grant, and program delivery to high-priority businesses, including those in rural and multicultural communities as well as those that are women- and veteran-owned
- Drive revenue for the organization to invest in accomplishing its mission
- Generator of Trust: Trust is the most important asset World Trade Center Utah has. It is essential to who we are as a team and our role building coalitions of partners across the state. As an organization, we excel when we help other companies and organizations thrive, and members of the team succeed through collaboration.
- Marketing & Partnerships Entrepreneur: We are creating new capabilities and may not have all of the systems, tools, and people in place. Be comfortable with that level of ambiguity and thrive on the challenge of driving the business and the function forward while building and institutionalizing underlying capabilities. We are a small organization; we need a leader who will jump into the fray to help do the work alongside their team to ensure success. Finally, we are owners interested in long-term value creation. We aim to build sustainable approaches to limit rework and obsolescence and to give our partners confidence that we are prudent business stewards of their commitment and support.
- Business-Obsessed Leader: Everything we do as an organization is focused on driving global growth for Utah businesses. We have the needs of Utah businesses at the center of all our plans and programs, even though we have many stakeholders to serve. You will be an expert on what Utah businesses need and understand the implications for marketing, partnerships, events, content development, and other functions.
- Global Thinker: “World” is the first name of our organization, and our value proposition is to help Utah companies by connecting them with global markets. We need leaders who are keenly interested in the global economy and how opportunities abroad can help Utah companies at home.
- Persuasive Story-Teller: Utah businesses and our global partners are busy. The content we produce has to be engaging, focused, and highly applicable to the challenges and opportunities facing our businesses. Translating and simplifying complex global and international business issues into meaningful, persuasive stories is an essential component of WTC Utah’s value proposition to the businesses we serve.
- Influencer: Our VP – Marketing and Partnerships will control all of the resources that will make initiatives successful. We respect leaders who can build coalitions, work within a matrixed system, and are motivated by understanding what makes others tick.
- People and Culture Leader: Managing people is good; leading them and developing them is much better and is what we want. The best candidates for this role have a history of inspiring and nurturing their people, enabling step-changes in their capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior stakeholder and relationship management skills (government relations, media relations, employee relations, stakeholder relations)
- Strong business writing experience (e.g. press releases, event and website marketing materials, etc.)
- Proven work experience as a social media manager and hands-on experience in content development and management–ideally including international campaigns
- Understanding of website optimization methods–ideally for domestic and international audiences
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe products, Salesforce, MailChimp, Google Analytics and Media Monitoring Tools
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Excellent copy editing skills
- An analytical mind, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge and use of AP style guide
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest and fluency in global affairs
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, English, political science or relevant field
- 7+ years related experience
Who you will report to and supervise
- You will report to the President & CEO
- You will supervise the Marketing and Communications Director, the Partnership Director, the Event Manager, and a varying number of part-time analysts and interns
- You will be a member of and staff the Strategic Partnership and Outreach Committee of the WTC Utah Board of Directors
How You’ll Grow
At WTC Utah, you will have the opportunity to work with senior leaders at many of Utah’s biggest global companies as well as with government and civic officials from Utah and around the world. Our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers identify and use their strengths. From on-the-job learning to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At WTC Utah, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at WTC Utah can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. Each member of the team is empowered to lead out in their respective areas of responsibility. We engender trust and a high-level of collaboration and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware.
Competitive non-profit compensation commensurate with experience.
Please email a cover letter and resume to WTC Utah Director of Grants and Operations | STEP Project Director, Nicole Sherwood: email@example.com