World Trade Center Utah Winter 2019 Trade Services Internship
Applications Due Wednesday, November 14, 2018
World Trade Center Utah Overview: WTC Utah is at the heart of Utah’s international business community. Our mission is to promote prosperity across the state by attracting investment and increasing exports. WTC Utah accomplishes this mission through three key objectives. First is to help Utah companies add customers, increase revenue and create jobs by selling internationally. Second is to promote Utah as a premier destination for foreign investment to fuel economic growth and to create jobs. Third is to expand Utah’s global position by hosting foreign dignitaries and leading Utah delegations abroad.
Position Overview & Opportunities: WTC Utah internships offer an array of professional experience in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. Interns will interface directly with business leaders and partners in the public and private sectors, and will have the opportunity to contribute to expanding Utah’s global reach through meaningful responsibilities and tasks (detailed below).
Intern Responsibilities May Include:
- Identify and contact Utah businesses who can benefit from WTC Utah services
- Identify and build relationships with regional economic, business and community leaders
- Research and analyze community and regional export characteristics
- Generate market research business reports through comprehensive data analysis
- Plan logistics for international trade events
- Coordinate trade mission follow-up efforts with business and economic leaders domestic and international
- Coordinate with WTC Utah’s grant review committee
- Review business applications for grant funding
- Update and maintain CRM database
- Assist with other event logistics support
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a degree in business, government or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Consistent demonstration of responsibility and initiative
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to complete tasks on time and with high quality
Winter Internship (part-time and full time offered) – January through April*
*A summer extension may be offered.
Part-time internships require 15-20 hours per week
Full-time internships require 35-40 hours per week
Interns will be paid $10 per hour
To apply please e-mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to WTC Trade Services Manager, Jim Porter: firstname.lastname@example.org.