Trade Shows and Trade Missions Analyst
Applications Due: September 24, 2021
Are you passionate about connecting with partners around the world and helping Utah businesses build global relationships? Are you detail-oriented and good at planning? Do you enjoy working in small teams and in dynamic projects? If you answered “yes” to all three questions, we have a role you should explore.
Who We Are
WTC Utah’s mission is to connect local companies to global opportunities through our programs, networks, and services. The core component of this effort is the International Programs division which programmatically develops our international network. Trade shows and trade missions are important elements of this programming. The Trade Shows and Trade Missions team is responsible for managing grants to fund this programming, identifying and managing trade shows and trade mission opportunities, and recruiting and managing Utah businesses to participate in these shows and missions. The Trade Shows and Trade Missions Analyst is at the heart of this team, driving the development and execution of these programs.
Work you’ll do
You’ll use your skills and experience to:
- Deliver high quality trades shows and trade missions.
- Be accountable for results and improve our capabilities for executing on your part of our mission.
- Work directly with your counterparts around the world to plan and execute on our international programs as well as with Utah business leaders to ensure they are successful when participating in our trade shows and trade missions.
- Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Organizing 8-12 trade shows per year. This includes support for identifying shows, registering and setting up our presence at the shows, recruiting Utah businesses to participate in shows, and managing Utah businesses to ensure effective participation in the shows and significant new trade opportunities from the shows.
- Organizing 1-2 trade missions per year. This includes support for building the trade mission agenda, planning the logistics for the trade mission, recruiting Utah businesses to participate in the trade mission, and ensuring successful execution of the trade mission.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and teams to ensure clear communication and coordinated service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating ability for critical thinking and strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in project management, operations, sales operations, or event planning.
- Interest in significant travel and experience working in global teams.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office or Google Workspace suite of products to track and report status and to coordinate and communicate with team members.
Who you will report to
- You will report to the Director of Trade Shows and Trade Mission who will set organizational goals and direct the overall strategy of the team.
- Your success will be measured based on your ability to professionally deliver trade mission and trade show programs that are on budget, on time, and drive new trade opportunities for Utah businesses.
How You’ll Grow
At WTC Utah, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers identify and use their strengths. From on-the-job learning to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At WTC Utah we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at WTC Utah can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware.
Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email a resume to WTC Utah Director of Grants and Operations | STEP Project Director, Nicole Sherwood: email@example.com by Friday, September 24, 2021.