Governor-led Trade Mission to Israel and the United Arab Emirates 2022
Welcome! We are excited to invite Utah businesses to apply to join Governor Spencer Cox’s trade mission to Israel and the United Arab Emirates on September 8-17, 2022. The 2020 Abraham Accords that normalized diplomatic and trade relations between Israel, the UAE, and other countries in the Middle East and North Africa has unlocked tremendous economic opportunities in the region.
September’s governor-led trade mission will help Utah businesses capitalize on these emerging opportunities and build bridges between our economies. Both Israel and the UAE share important similarities with Utah — from their dynamic innovation ecosystems to their expertise in navigating familiar challenges, such as water management — making them excellent partners for Utah companies looking to grow in the Middle East.
The agenda will include meetings and luncheons with key government officials and business organizations, networking receptions, and a few cultural activities. The participation fee is $3,500, which includes local transportation, networking receptions, and many meals. Participants will separately cover their own airfare and lodging.
We will continue to update this website with the latest logistical information as we get closer to the trade mission.
- September 8: Depart SLC.
- September 9: Arrive in Tel Aviv. Free evening.
- September 10: Cultural day in Jerusalem.
- September 11-12: Business and government meetings in Israel.
- September 13: Travel to Dubai.
- September 14-15: Business and government meetings in the UAE.
- September 16: Cultural day in the UAE.
- September 17: Depart Dubai early morning.
September 8-9: SLC-Tel Aviv
SLC-BOS: Delta 745
Departs SLC on September 8 at 10:06am
Arrives in Boston on September 8 at 4:51pm
BOS-TLV: Delta 242
Departs Boston on September 8 at 9:30pm
Arrives in Tel Aviv on September 9 at 2:50pm
September 13: Tel Aviv-Dubai
TLV-DXB: FlyDubai 1210
Departs Tel Aviv on September 13 at 1:25pm
Arrives in Dubai on September 13 at 5:45pm
September 17: Dubai-SLC
DXB-CDG: Delta 8627
Departs Dubai on September 17 at 12:40am
Arrives in Paris on September 17 at 5:55am
CDG-SLC: Delta 221
Departs Paris on September 17 at 10:10am
Arrives in SLC on September 17 at 12:45pm
WTC Utah has secured discounted group rates at the following hotels for trade mission participants, who will cover their own lodging costs. Travelers should book individual hotel reservations using the unique reservation links below by August 9.
- Tel Aviv: Carlton Tel Aviv, September 9-13: Discounted rates are $400/single occupancy, $430/double occupancy + tax/gratuities. Rate includes breakfast. Please use this unique reservation link and ensure you select September 9-13 to book your reservation by August 9.
- Dubai: St. Regis Downtown Dubai, September 13-17: Discounted rates are 900 AED ($250)/single occupancy, 1000 AED ($275)/double occupancy + tax/gratuities. Rate includes breakfast and high-speed wifi. Please use this unique reservation link to book your reservation by August 9.
- Note: The recommended return flight to Utah departs on September 17 at 12:40 am. Participants can choose to check out on September 16 and store their luggage at the hotel until we depart for the airport that evening, or book through September 17 to have access to their hotel rooms throughout the final day.
Please reach out to Jake Glenn, director of trade shows and trade missions at World Trade Center Utah, at email@example.com with any questions.
Small businesses may be eligible for grants administered by WTC Utah to offset some travel expenses and to receive customized trade services at no cost. Please apply here or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Feedback from the 2022 Governor-led Business Trip to Mexico
“WTC Utah and the Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity did a great job organizing the Governor-led trade mission to Mexico. Their network on the ground provided valuable information regarding the political, economic, and cultural landscape. Traveling with the governor was especially helpful in opening doors to associations and partner factories that otherwise would have been unavailable.”
—Jonathan Freedman, Co-founder, Downeast Outfitters
“There are two ways to attempt to penetrate a new market for the first time. One is expensive, very time consuming and with a very high risk, and the other one is to partner with the state and WTC Utah. We accomplished more in one week than we could have possibly achieved in months of market research and business development activities. The effectiveness was five times what we could have achieved using our own resources, and the cost was significantly lower.”
—Bernardo Ospina, Director of Global Channels, Romaric
Disclaimer: Space is limited. The Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity and World Trade Center Utah will work to determine which individuals, businesses, and organizations will be selected to participate in the trade mission. Our objective is to build the very best team to maximize the value this trade mission creates for the state of Utah and its businesses. Each registrant will receive confirmation of his or her own acceptance along with a link for the participation fee. If, unfortunately, we are unable to accept your application to join this trade mission, we will notify you via email.
Cancellation Policy: If a mission participant cancels their participation of their own accord, the participation fee is non-refundable.