Utah Export Acceleration Grant
World Trade Center Utah is excited to announce the renewal of the Utah Export Acceleration Grant (EAG). The EAG is made possible through a generous contribution by JPMorgan Chase & Co. to help small to medium-sized Utah businesses advance their international business goals.
Grant funds can be used for the following services and activities:
- Services: Legal, translation, international product certifications, website translation, packaging and labeling, transportation/logistics consulting and research services.
- Travel: State-led trade missions, trade show participation, export lead trips, and U.S. Commercial Services (i.e. Gold Key Services).
- Education/Training: Tuition and material costs for international business programs such as Salt Lake Community College’s Global Business Management Certificate or other educational and training programs.
EAG is a competitive grant. Approximately 10-20 awards can be granted given the funds available. The amount awarded will be determined according to the needs of the company, strength of application and availability of funds. Most grant awards will be between $3,000 – $5,000.
EAG awardees are also eligible to receive assistance available through WTC Utah Trade Services.
WTC Utah is now accepting EAG applications. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for two periods as follows:
- January 29, 2018 — April 30, 2018
- July 1, 2018 — September 30, 2018
A Pitch Competition will take place in November 2018 with applications accepted from October 1—31, 2018.
- Small or medium sized business (SBA small business size standards).
- Headquartered in Utah.
- Has been in business for more than one year.
- Has sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade.
- Is a for-profit business.
- Has a finished product or qualifying service with at least 51% U.S. content (including costs incurred for marketing and warehousing of product or service).
- Has an export plan.
(applications will automatically be rejected)
- Consulting agencies
- Law firms
- Real estate developers or groups
- Distributors representing clients
- Educational institutions or for-profit schools recruiting students
- Nonprofit organizations
- Foreign direct investment recruiter
- Multi-level marketing (MLM) or network marketing company