- This event has passed.
Utah Food Innovation Summit
September 18, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
IFIC will host a one-day event that will focus on emerging food production techniques that could notably impact our food supply chain. Speakers from various backgrounds and industries will discuss the “food of the future” and how consumers perceive and understand new food technologies.
A select group of industry leaders, spanning the entire “farm to fork” chain, will explore how innovation is rapidly changing the food business landscape locally, domestically and globally.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Spencer Cox, Lieutenant Governor, State of Utah to discuss the food industry and how it can change life in Utah for the better.
- Bob Garrison, Editorial Director of Prepared Foods Magazine, who will provide important recent examples of “How Innovative Brands are Reshaping the Food Business.”
- Ethan Brown, CEO of Beyond Meat, will share his views on “The Future of Protein”.
- Dean Peterson, CEO of Harmons, will address “Innovation from a Retail Grocery
- Andrew Smith, CEO of Four Foods Group, will address the foodservice business and specifically discuss “Innovation on the Menu”.
- A panel representing three important Utah food brands will share how they approach innovation and discuss what role it could play in the future of all Utah food businesses.
The Utah Food Innovation Summit will also give you the unique opportunity to focus on innovation and to interact with many of the people who will help chart the course of the Utah food industry. As a next step, we will follow up by phone to get your feedback and hopefully confirm your participation in the Summit. It will be a game-changing day for Utah.
- Breakfast Snacks [8:00 to 8:30 a.m.]
- Welcome / Objectives: Dale Newton, CEO, UFBF [8:30 to 8:45 a.m.]
- How Innovative Brands are Reshaping the Food Business: Bob Garrison, Editorial Director, Prepared Foods Magazine [8:45 to 9:30 a.m.]
- Innovation and the Future of Protein: Ethan Brown, CEO, Beyond Meat [9:30 to 10:15 a.m.]
- Cell Phone Break [10:15 to 10:30 a.m.]
- Innovation on the Menu: Andrew Smith, CEO, Four Foods Group [10:30 to 11:15 a.m.]
- Lunch: 11:15 to 12:15 p.m., Vendor TBD
- Innovation from a Retail Grocery Perspective: Dean Peterson, CEO, Harmons Grocery [12:15 to 1:00 p.m.]
- From “Farm to Fork” Panel Discussion: Chad Rowley (Payson Fruit), Johnny Ferry (Honeyville Grains), Taylor Harris (Food Truck League), Nick Fahs (Table X), Jeff Manning, moderator [1:00 to 2:00 p.m.]
- Utah Food Brand Innovation Center…A Faster, Smarter Way to Market: John Ferry, UFBF Board of Directors [2:00 to 2:30 p.m.]
- Food and the State of Utah: Spencer Cox, Lieutenant Governor, State of Utah [2:30 to 3:15 p.m.]
- Closing Remarks and Action: Dale Newton [3:15 to 3:30 p.m.]
- Utah Foods Reception [3:30 to 4:30 p.m.]