Summer 2019 International Business Development Internship
Applications Due March 15, 2019
World Trade Center Utah Overview: WTC Utah is at the heart of Utah’s international business community. Our mission is to lead Utah’s international business development and elevate Utah’s global status to promote prosperity and build economic resilience. We accomplish this mission by pursuing three key objectives. First is to empower Utah businesses to expand international sales to increase revenue and create jobs. Second is to attract foreign investment and facilitate international partnerships to fuel innovation and business development. Third is to mobilize team Utah’s international engagement to elevate Utah’s global status.
Position Overview & Opportunities: WTC Utah internships offer an array of professional experience in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. Interns will interface directly with business leaders and partners in the public and private sectors, and will have the opportunity to contribute to expanding Utah’s global reach through meaningful responsibilities and tasks (detailed below).
Intern Responsibilities May Include:
- Identify and contact Utah businesses who can benefit from WTC Utah services
- Identify and build relationships with regional economic, business and community leaders
- Research and analyze community and regional export characteristics
- Generate market research business reports through comprehensive data analysis
- Plan logistics for international trade events
- Coordinate trade mission follow-up efforts with business and economic leaders
- Coordinate with WTC Utah’s grant review committee
- Review business applications for grant funding
- Update and maintain CRM database
- Assist with other event logistics support
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a degree in business, international relations or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Consistent demonstration of responsibility and initiative
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to complete tasks on time and with high quality
Summer Internship (part-time and full time offered) – May through August*
*An extension may be offered.
Part-time internships require 15-20 hours per week, $600 a month stipend
Full-time internships require 35-40 hours per week, $1200 a month stipend
To apply please email your resume and references to WTC Trade Services Manager, Jim Porter: email@example.com.