Applications Due Friday, October 11, 2019 by 5:00PM
World Trade Center Utah Overview: WTC Utah is at the heart of Utah’s international business community. Our mission is to promote prosperity across the state by attracting investment and increasing exports. WTC Utah accomplishes this mission through three key objectives: help Utah companies add customers, increase revenue and create jobs by selling internationally; promote Utah as a premier destination for international companies to establish operations and create jobs, and expand Utah’s global position by hosting international dignitaries and leading Utah delegations abroad.
Internship Overview & Opportunities: WTC Utah internship positions offer an array of professional experience in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. Interns will interface directly with clients and partners in the public and private sectors, and will have the opportunity to contribute to expanding Utah’s global reach through meaningful responsibilities and tasks (detailed below).
Intern Responsibilities May Include:
- Identify Utah businesses who can benefit from WTC Utah services
- Establish and build relationships with regional economic, business and community leaders
- Research and analyze community and regional export characteristics
- Utilize online trade/business databases to provide market research and analysis on international business opportunities for Utah companies.
- Generate market research business reports through comprehensive data analysis
- Plan logistics for international trade events, shows, and missions
- Assist on various international investment projects in Utah
- Coordinate follow-up efforts with businesses and economic leaders across the state
- Review business applications for grant funding
- Update and maintain CRM software
- Assist with event logistics support
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a bachelor or master’s degree in business, government, international or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Products (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Consistent demonstration of responsibility and initiative
- Creative problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks on time and with high quality
Internship Duration: Spring Internships (full-time or part-time offered) – January-April
Internship Hours and Stipend:
*Part-time Internships = 15 – 20 hours per week, monthly stipend
Full-time Internships = 35 – 40 hours per week, monthly stipend
*Flexible schedules to accommodate class requirements
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to WTC Utah Director of Grants and Operations | STEP Project Director, Nicole Sherwood: email@example.com.