World Trade Center Utah – Fall 2018 Trade Services Internship
Applications due Wednesday, August 8, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
World Trade Center Utah Overview: WTC Utah is at the heart of Utah’s international business community. Our mission is to promote prosperity across the state by attracting investment and increasing exports. WTC Utah accomplishes this mission through three key objectives: help Utah companies add customers, increase revenue and create jobs by selling internationally; promote Utah as a premier destination for international companies to establish operations and create jobs, and expand Utah’s global position by hosting international dignitaries and leading Utah delegations abroad.
Position Overview & Opportunities: WTC Utah internship positions offer an array of professional experience in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. Interns will interface directly with clients and partners in the public and private sectors and will have the opportunity to contribute to expanding Utah’s global reach through meaningful responsibilities and tasks (detailed below).
Intern Responsibilities May Include:
- Identify and build relationships with Utah businesses who can benefit from WTC Utah services
- Identify and build relationships with regional economic, business and community leaders
- Research and analyze community and regional export characteristics
- Utilize online trade/business databases to provide market research and analysis on international business opportunities for Utah companies. Databases include the following: Datamyne, USATrade online, UniWorld, BMI, and Hoovers.
- Generate market research business reports through comprehensive data analysis
- Coordinate follow-up efforts with businesses and economic leaders across the state
- Draft articles, letters and other written documents
- Update and maintain CRM software
- Assist with event logistics support
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a bachelor or master’s degree in business, government or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Consistent demonstration of responsibility and initiative
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to complete tasks on time and with high quality
Fall Internships (part-time offered) – September-December
Internship Hours and Stipend:
Part-time Internships = 15-20 hours per week, $800 per month
Flexible schedules to accommodate class requirements
Please e-mail the following documents to WTC Trade Services Manager, Jim Porter: email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 3-page writing sample (may be an excerpt) or data research example
- 3 references