STEP: Grants for International Business Growth
WTC Utah is awarding grants to small Utah companies to pursue their individual international business efforts!
Applications are due Friday, January 24, 2020
World Trade Center Utah offers financial assistance and support to promising Utah companies looking to grow internationally. The State of Utah has received a State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) Grant of $500,000 to help Utah small businesses enter and expand into dynamic global markets. WTC Utah administers these funds with a goal to increase the number of Utah businesses exporting and exploring significant new trade opportunities.
– Individual awards range between $2,000 – $3,000 per activity and are available for eligible activities occurring until Sept. 30, 2020
– Recipients may receive up to $10,000 during a STEP award cycle
– 25% cash match required
– Cost reimbursement grant
– Reviewing and scoring processes are highly competitive
If you are a small, Utah company with a goal to enter a new foreign market or expand your global presence, we encourage you to apply for STEP funding which can be used for the following activities.
Eligible Activities for Financial Assistance Awards:
– Foreign market sales trips
– Services provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce
– International trade shows
– Fees for shipping sample products
– Cost of compliance testing
– Application export research tool subscription
– Website translation into foreign language, search engine optimization, and localization services
– Design of marketing media
– Export conferences, meetings, symposium or training programs
If you have any questions about what activities are accepted or if your company is eligible, please contact Nicole Sherwood, WTC Utah Grants Manager, at (801) 599-9185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP is funded in part through a Grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Click below to apply for the STEP Grant.
The following documents are linked below for your reference:
For more information regarding the STEP Grant, please contact Nicole Sherwood.