- This event has passed.
Doing Business in China Seminar
May 2 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Join World Trade Center Utah in partnership with U.S. Commercial Service on Wednesday, May 2 at 11:30 a.m. for a seminar on doing business in China.
The seminar will feature a market overview that will discuss business opportunities in China led by Mr. Scott Pozil about entering or expanding into Chinese markets.
Mr. Scott Pozil will talk about the following:
- Policy Overview – Introduction to political parties and their priorities
- Market Overview – A look at the political and economic environment
- Shifting Landscapes – New metrics and a changing business environment
- Opportunities – Prospects and forecasts in future popular industries
- FCS China Assistance – What the Commercial Service can do to help your business
Mr. Scott Pozil is the Principal Commercial Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing, China, leading a team of dedicated trade professionals that increases commercial ties between the U.S. and China. Prior to his service in China, Mr. Pozil was the Counselor for Commercial Affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, Russia from 2013 to 2016. There, he managed a team of Commercial Officers and developed commercial programs and initiatives with an aim to increase U.S. exports and inbound investment to the United States. Before his assignment in Russia, Mr. Pozil was the Deputy Chief of the Commercial Section at the American Institute in Taiwan (2011-2013) and also served as the Senior Commercial Officer in Sofia, Bulgaria (2008-2011), Deputy Senior Commercial Officer in Singapore (2003-2007) and the Commercial Liaison Officer to the African Development Bank and acting SCO of the Commercial Section Abidjan (2001-2003).