Executive Job Posting
WTC Utah is looking for an experienced and exceptional executive to lead a public/private partnership that promotes and builds international business in the State of Utah. Interested applicants may email a resume to email@example.com by April 20, 2018. WTC Utah board officers will review resumes and conduct interviews over the subsequent two weeks with the intent to fill by position by the end of May.
WTC Utah is a private nonprofit that expands prosperity across the state by attracting investment and increasing exports. This mission is accomplished through three objectives:
- Help Utah companies add customers, increase revenue and create jobs by selling internationally.
- Promote Utah as a premier destination for international companies to establish operations and create jobs.
- Expand Utah’s global position by hosting international dignitaries and leading Utah delegations abroad.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of innovative, dynamic and visionary leadership with strong strategic planning experience, organizational management, communication skills, political and business acumen, and will provide stewardship of the organization’s resources, operations, programs and staff. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding and be passionate about growing Utah’s international business economy.
Skills and Attributes
- Strategic planning, effective management and critical thinking.
- Creative, organized, detail-oriented, and a problem solver.
- An effective, credible spokesperson on international business issues before all audiences including the media, government officials, business leaders, and the public at large.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and listening skills; including relating well to a wide range of constituencies, articulating the message, and earning the respect of the audience.
- Experienced leader, with a demonstrated track record for attracting and developing strong talent, and building and managing a team in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative style, with strong consensus building skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary license or certificate is required. An advanced degree will be considered a plus.
- Develop and execute the organization’s strategic plan and annual operating budget, exercising fiscal discipline over the organization’s resources.
- Oversee the organization’s policies, financial planning and human resources, and develop comprehensive business plans and performance goals.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key members of the business, political, media, and opinion-leader communities.
- Cultivate and establish relationships with WTC Utah members, and identify opportunities for new members.
- Forge and maintain key alliances among partner organizations that share similar objectives.
- Act as a spokesperson for external audiences including government, media, business community and the public.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to hire a qualified candidate.