The mission of World Trade Center Utah (WTC Utah) is to help Utah companies think, act and succeed globally. WTC Utah accomplishes this mission through three key objectives:
- Motivate and educate Utah businesses to expand their global presence through training seminars, regional forums and newsletters focused on international business development, trade issues and export opportunities.
- Build capacity of Utah businesses for international trade through B2B consultations to identify expansion goals, assess current capabilities, determine overseas opportunities and connect companies with market experts and potential partners.
- Expand global network of Utah businesses through trade missions and networking opportunities with foreign trade officials.
World Trade Center Utah is a licensed and certified member of the World Trade Centers Association, a network of more than 300 World Trade Centers in 100 countries around the world focused on facilitating prosperity through trade and investment. WTC Utah’s strategic partners include the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce, U.S. Commercial Service, Economic Development Corporation of Utah, Utah Technology Council, Utah Manufacturers Association, USTAR the state’s Institutions of Higher Education, and local economic development officers and agencies.
History of WTC Utah
World Trade Center Utah (WTC Utah) is a 501 (c)-6 non-profit organization that was founded in 2006 and became an official member of the World Trade Center Association on April 21, 2007. WTC Utah is a licensed and certified member of the World Trade Centers Association (WTCA). Headquartered in New York City, WTCA is comprised of a network of more than 300 World Trade Centers around the world that facilitates international trade and investment in more than 100 countries.
As the statewide voice of international business, WTC Utah facilitates economic growth through increased exports and international awareness for Utah’s companies. WTC Utah helps guide Utah companies into profitable global markets by offering signature services such as assessment of a company’s current global position or international strategy, education in the form of seminars and workshops to help develop global strategy and connections through the World Trade Center network and co-hosted local events. Strategic partners include the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, U.S. Commercial Service, Salt Lake Chamber, Economic Development Corporation of Utah and Utah Technology Council.
World Trade Center Utah is housed in the World Trade Center Building at City Creek, formally known as Eagle Gate Tower. The building was renamed in spring of 2012 to help increase the visibility of Utah’s role in the global marketplace and to promote the international presence of Utah businesses.
WTC Utah Board
• Scott Anderson, Zions Bank
• Lane Beattie, Salt Lake Chamber
• Alex Dunn, Vivint
• James Huntsman, Huntsman Foundation
• Ron Jibson, Questar
• Dean Luikart, Wells Fargo
• Derek Miller, WTC Utah
• Greg Miller, LHM Management Corp
• Mayor Ben McAdams, Salt Lake County
• Gary Porter, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Foundation
Public Sector Members
• Stuart Adams, Utah Senate
• Rob Behunin, Utah State University
• Jeff Edwards, EDCUtah
• Sandy Emile, Cache Valley Chamber of Commerce
• Natalie Gochnour, University of Utah
• Val Hale, Governor’s Office of Economic Development
• Rep. Eric Hutchings, Utah House of Representatives
• Sen. Mark Madsen, Utah Senate
• Rich Nelson, Utah Technology Council
• Rona Rahlf, Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce
• Rep. Brad Wilson, Utah House of Representatives
• Shelby Peterson, Utah Export Assistance Center
• Beth Colosimo, Salt Lake Community College
• Francisco Sotelo, Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• David Bauman, CBRE
• Cody Broderick, inWhatLanguage
• Geoffrey Green, Rio Tinto
• Larry Coughlin, Boeing
• Lew Cramer, Coldwell Banker Commercial Advisors
• Chris Fletcher, Deloitte
• Terry Grant, KeyBank
• Rich Hartvigsen, NuSkin
• Kirk Jowers, doTERRA
• David Lang, Goldman Sachs
• Steve Price, Price Real Estate
• David Rudd, Ballard Spahr
• Craig Zollinger, JPMorgan Chase
• Darin Parker, PMI Foods